I was born and lived in Alabama (Roll Tide!) until I moved here 9 years ago. I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education from the University of North Alabama and later received my Master's Degree from the same school.
I have been married to my wonderful husband for 17 years, and we have 3 amazing children. We love to spend time together swimming, playing board games, playing disc golf, and watching sports. I also love to read and bake.
8:05 - 8:40 Arrive, Breakfast, Bell Work
8:45 Teachers Switch
8:45 - 10:15 Math/Science - Stansfield's Homeroom
ELA/SS - Horton's Homeroom
10:15 Teachers Switch
10:15 - 10:45 Math/Science - Horton's Homeroom
ELA/SS - Stansfield's Homeroom
10:45 - 11:30 Activity
11:30 - 11:45 Continue lessons from before activity
11:45 - 12:10 Lunch
12:10 - 1:15 Continue lessons from before lunch
1:15 - 1:45 Recess
2:00 - 3:00 Continue lessons from before recess
3:00 Pack up and start dismissal
Activity is on a 6 day rotation this year. The schedule is below:
- Please read for 20 minutes each night and complete reading log if not completed in class. Also, study vocabulary words. Tests will be on Fridays and will be matching and fill in the blank.
- Graded papers will be sent home on Wednesdays. Please sign the folder and return papers with the folder the next day. If you ever need a copy of tests, I will be glad to send home a copy.
- It is usually cold in my classroom, so students may want to bring a light jacket or sweatshirt to wear,
- Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle to school to cut down on the use of the water fountains.
- Students need an inexpensive pair of earbuds to use at school. These will be used with ipads and in the computer lab, so please do not send wireless ones.
Welcome to Fourth Grade!
Welcome! I am Mrs. Stansfield, and I'm very excited to be your language arts and social studies teacher this year. This is my 4th year at Center Hill Elementary, and I love being part of the CHES Mustang family.
We will be using School Status this year. Please save the number I have contacted you from. You can send a text to that number anytime throughout the year, and it will go directly to my school Status account. Don't ever hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. No one knows your child better than you, so let me know anything important that might help your child achieve his/her full potential.
* If there is an immediate change with your child's transportation, please call the school office so they can let me know.*
Distance Learning (VIP):
This is a new concept for everyone, and I'm excited to be on this new journey with you. We will be using Schoology as the online platform for distance learning. Please look at the links below for more information about how to use Schoology.